Monday, January 23, 2012

The drabness of January

So far this year has started out pretty uneventful and boring actually. The weather has been fairly mild which is nice. I have gotten on blogger to post something several times and have had nothing of interest to post, so I've decided this week I'm going to do " a day in my life" photo journaling, so look for that in the near future.

So like I said, nothing of particular interest has happened. Brian and I both have ward callings now. He's choir director (shocker) and 11 yr old primary teacher and I've been called to be a den leader over the Bears. So far it's been kind of fun, plus, in theory I'm supposed to come home after the kids are in bed, which is a nice little break for me. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful. :) We've had some good times hanging out with the Chudleigh fam and thanks to our Christmas gift from Mom and Dad "C" we've had a few dates out on the town, which are always the highlights of my week!

We haven't had hardly any snow, but we did get some Saturday and I woke up to the kids getting their snow stuff on. One of my least favorite things ever. For real. Someone is always crying about something not fitting right or feeling right and it takes like 30 min to get them dressed and out the door, and no lie, like 5 minutes later someone is coming in already begging for hot chocolate. Oh well. Such is life I spose. The older three stayed out for a while, especially Liz. She had fun digging a fort out there, even by herself. So, here are a few pictures from that. Hopefully something fun and exciting will be happening soon. In a positive way of course. I think next will be Elizabeth's bday. 9 years old. Wow!






3 comments:

Caroline said...

Love these kids! Man! Miss y'all like crazy. Ps I check your blog (along with the JIll/Mel/Ma) almost every day. Love getting updates. Love y'all

Caroline said...

Super cute new picture and background :)

Jessica said...

I hate all the snow stuff, too. I made a rule this year that they have to stay out for at least 30 minutes if they want hot chocolate!